Cognitive Defusion, one of the core concepts of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), is a therapeutic approach that I use in my practice to help people cope with the negative thought patterns that fuel depression, anxiety and other mental and behavioral health challenges. Through a series of exercises my clients and I work to limit the power of negative thoughts and see them for what they really are: Just thoughts.
- How Does Early Attachment Impact us Throughout Life?
- Important Life Skills to Support Mental and Emotional Health in College
- How to Recognize Summer Depression
- Is your teen getting enough sleep? Probably not.
- Coming Out is a Two-Way Conversation: Effective Communication Strategies for Parents and Children
She is waiting to hear from you. Schedule an appointment now.